Sunday 21 August 2011

See You Later Finland

This is it. Last night in Finland. My home. Less than 24 hours til my flight.

At the moment I feel surprisingly calm. I had brilliant tactics. Leave a lot of stuff for the very last day. Today I've been hanging out with a couple friends, buying souvenirs for the States (how can they live without salt liquirice, I wonder), and idling in front of my computer. Oh, and in between all this I've been trying to fill my suitcase. Minor detail. Too busy to think about anything really.

The last weekend here hasn't been calm all the way through. Saying goodbye to my girlfriend and  my friends has been far from easy. I'll be honest with you. Yesterday I cried for the first time in, uh, roughly a decade. Beforehand, I couldn't even imagine how hard goodbyes can be. Well, now I know. I guess this is what they call learning about life and experiencing stuff. Wild. Still, my current feelings are entirely positive. Tomorrow I'll be headed for an adventure. And everyone loves adventures.

Well, I better get back to my packing if I want to get any sleep before my adventure. After all, I want to be the hero - not some jetlagged zombie.

It's unbelievable that I'll be in Seattle in 24 hours. Wait, except I won't be. Man, it's a long way to the other side of the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment