Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Arrival

I'd love to describe what Whitewater or the campus looks like. I really would. Too bad it was already dark when we sat in the yellow school bus (yes, exactly like in the movies) on our way from Janesville to Whitewater. I was munching on a sub I got from Walmart along with bedlinen and other pretty damn interesting stuff. I was pretty hungry. The last time I had properly ate was around nine in the morning on Portland airport. With the power of a burger and some snacks I made my way from Corvallis, OR (don't even ask) to Whitewater via Portland, Chicago and Janesville. I still had it easier than most of the other exchange students who had been flying for hours and hours to get to the States.

At the Janesville bus station we, the exchange students, were joking about us being forgotten there. But of course we weren't, and I have to say that the welcome was warm. Along with warm handshakes and hearty smiles we also received an envelope with the keys to our dorms and some snacks. Still haven't read what the papers say though. Maybe I should.

Done. There were some papers about my roommate who is bound to arrive tomorrow. Info about the first day on campus. A campus map. Some info on the dorms. Pretty basic stuff.

Better get some sleep. I can probably describe the campus better if I'm not sleepwalking around it tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment