Saturday 17 September 2011

Football - the King of Sports

Football, did I say football? I meant soccer of course. "The real football", you know. The people around don't seem know.

Audience at a home soccer game. No Whitewater purple t-shirts, no shouting "U dub dub". To contrast:

Part of the audience at the first home football game.

People weren't too stoked to see the first home soccer game, but oh boy did they enjoy the first home football game. They seemed to like it more than they like mac & cheese. Everyone was wearing purple, shouting, clapping, standing up, eating popcorn and genarally feeling the vibes. I didn't feel it. But then again, I was the lame European jerk who doesn't appreciate the art of streching a game of four 15-minute quarters and a half-time into a three-hour (THREE HOUR) start-and-stop fest. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Touchdown. Field goal. Stop. Stop. Stop. Ugh.


Wow, I sound pretty bitter. As if someone threw the ball in my face or something. So, just for the record, I understand that there is a lot of tactics and unique quirks related to football, but I still didn't find the game enjoyable. So, as I probably shouldn't make definitive conclusions after only seeing one game, I'll just say futball suckz.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahah, vaikka oonkin eri mieltä niin onhan tää nyt A+ postaus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jopa tyttö joka oli opiskelijaravintolassa paistamassa voileipiä sano että tää peli oli poikkeuksellisen surkee, haha.

    ReplyDelete