Monday 26 September 2011

Important Sports Update

First, I apologise to all the fans of (American) football for what I said in my previous post. No, I still don't think it's great, but I've seen something worse - baseball, the most boring sport I've ever seen. Ever.

This is how an excited exchange student looks like, completely oblivious of the awaiting 3-hour-18-minute snoozefest.

I've learned about critique, so I'll start with something positive. The stadium was massive and impressing. And, umm, the weather was, uh. Well, at least tailgating, the event were people grill hot dogs and drink loads of beer at the tailgate of their SUVs, was fun. Wait, we didn't get to do that. And the game? I'll try to think of something positive to say.

People performing the tailgating ritual in front of the Miller Park Stadium.Or maybe the performed a rain dance.

No. It sucked pretty bad. It was start-and-stop by it's nature and it took even longer than the football game - a record in itself. This time I didn't have problems following what was going on; mostly because there was nothing going on. It seems that people didn't even show up there to follow the game. They came there to tailgate and enjoy a Sunday of eating nachos and drinking beer with their families and friends. Then again, I can't blame them for that.

Sunday well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment